Skip to main content

Yakovlev UT-1b (Mikro-Mir 1/48) - Part 4

Hi,

The cockpit is finally done. Not perfect though, but that will do.

I made a new Instrument Panel as the one in the box was a bit undersized. I used the drawing from the official manual to print my IP on plastic card. The shape of the new IP is not 100% accurate but at least it fits ok now.



I made the instruments with wire and decals. To make it faster, I made a coil out of wire and cut the [i]sausage[/i] in the middle to make plenty of little circles. Just have to choose the roundest ones.






Bezels were first glued with Tamiya extra-fluid cement, and later firmly stuck in place by inserting a toothpick impregnated with CA glue into the holes. The instruments were made from spare decals and sealed with Future + transparent acetate sheet.



The cockpit now finished:





You can notice that the rudder pedals are quite far from the seat. This is explained by Russian pilots having very long legs and wearing stilettos. Saw it too late and couldn't be bothered.


The painting of the headrest will be improved after closing the fuselage.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northrop F-5E Tiger II - Walkaround (Swiss Air Force)

Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 Walkaround

Walkaround of the Messerschmitt Bf-109 E3 (J-355; Werk NummerlFactory Number 2422) exhibited at the Swiss Air Force Museum at Dubendorf Air Base near Zurich, Switzerland. My wife and I visited this museum and although I was more enthusiastic than her I think she appreciated it :) bf-109 antenna isolator Antenna isolator Antenna isolator 20MM FF-K Oe 37 (Flugzeugfliigel-Kanone Oerlikon 1937) Engine radiator flap Exhausts Right landing gear Left landing gear Wheel bay cover Pitot tube   Radiator flap indicator

Mil Mi-6 Hook cockpit (Aviation museum of Riga, Latvia)

This huge baby welcomes you when you get inside the aviation museum of Riga. Before being replaced by the Mil Mi-26 Halo, the Mi-6 was the biggest helicopter in the world.  This aircraft was repainted by the museum. Needless to say that when the guy of the museum asked me if I wanted to get inside this monster I was about to poop in my pants :-) Portboard landing gear I was lucky enough to get inside the monster and discover a museum full of soviet-era stuff Some access door on the ceiling Seat inside the nose of the monster Inside the nose (portboard) Starboard side of the nose +  my hairy arm as a bonus Above pilot's head