Here's my finish model of the Hobby Boss kit. I bought the kit back in Bangkok with a Siam Decal sheet (which BTW is really crap, decals being too thick, instructions with errors and printing issues).
I am not really proud of my build but I post some pics anyway.
The build was pretty straightforward. I just changed a few things:
- The 3-pipes exhaust available in the box are only suitable for the -2 version, the F8F-1 got 5-pipes exhausts
- The shape of the armored plate behind the seat is wrong and was changed accordingly
- The sliding canopy is way too thick (was too lazy to change it...)
- The right wing leading edge was modified as some apertures are only present on the right wing,
- Engine compartment was detailed,
- I added air ducts from the gear bay to the engine compartment
Note that the tires are really simplistic, but I left them as they are.
Thanks for reading.